Monday, February 6, 2017

Goodbye Richard Schnap

I wanted to share some sad news I received this morning about fellow poet Richard Schnap. He was one of my favorites and I published several of his poems at my various journals over the years. He also became a good friend to me. His partner, Alice, emailed me this morning and told me that Richard passed away on Christmas Day. I had no idea and I'm still shocked and completely saddened by this news. I just can't believe it.

I published a chapbook for him last year, under Flutter Press, titled A Wind from Nowhere. He was so excited about finally putting together a collection of poems. If you're interested in purchasing a copy, it is available at this link:  https://www.createspace.com/6215080. I'd like to make it available until the end of the month because I know so many of you enjoyed his poems as much as I did. After the end of February, I'm going to retire his book as I don't feel it's right to continue selling it when he's no longer here. All royalties will be sent to his partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment